Just a Thought.

They say that great leaders listen to their people, so I am glad to know that Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi finally said that he knows about all criticism against him by some Malaysians. When he was in Port Dickson yesterday, he criticized his critics for being too critical. He went on to say that, he needs time before all his implementation on the economy will show some results. He told the Malaysians to believe in him and work with him so that the country will prosper in the future.

And they also say that good citizens always criticize the government so, I am disturbed when an opposition MP asked in the parliament about the necessities of having a new palace for the King was considered as insulting the Royal Institution. I am not defending the MP’s action but surely as a good citizen, he has every right to ask that question especially when fellow taxpayers will pay the bill of the new palace. An insult to the Royal Institution would be like questioning the position and privileges of the King and that question certainly is not an insult.

I think every taxpayer needs to know the rationality of building this new palace especially when the King already has two palaces (the current one and the other is in Putrajaya) to start with. They also need to know why the government is spending the money to build a brand new palace when the government increased the price of petrol, electricity tariff and toll fare with an excuse of not having enough money in the first place.

One fundamental mistake made by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad was, he focused too much on the big picture that he overlooked other little but important things. Things like, education for the poor or decent healthcare services in the rural areas. While he was building new administrative city, there are people who had to live in a cardboard box and feed themselves with snails. All I’m saying is, while it is good to have big picture in mind, it will be much better if all those little things are taken care first before anything else.

That RM400mil could be put to much better use than building one single palace. I know that the Works Minister already gave reasons for building the new palace still, does the King really need a new palace?

Someone told me about something and I think I can see that what was said by that person is totally true. When I looked back at all the things I’ve done and said, I found out that I have become the person that I tried so hard not to be. I seriously didn’t see this coming. I think I am going to need some soul-searching for a while.

“It’s dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” – Voltaire.

Comments

imree said…
kenapa ade tulisan in bold?
yazid jay said…
ahahahaha!

(if you don't get it, well...nevermind)
faisal said…
at this moment, i yet to bear the burden of taxation, so i am still completely (maybe not completely) being ignorant regarding this matter.

yeah, to a certain extent, the government is indeed spending the money unwisely. the new royal palace is one good example.

=)

but then again, what is actually constitutes as "unwise expenditure of taxpayers money"?? critique could argue that the government policy of sending student overseas could also comes under the "unwise expenditure" as the money could be put for a better use.haha.how about that?

btw adam.i just realised (yeah..only now) u commented me at my facebook.what the hell were u thinking man?hahha.. please spread ur hideous lies somewhere else, not at my facebook..hahahahaha
Adam Ahmad said…
That's where you are wrong Faisal. We all pay taxes.

When we ate at McDonald's, when we watched movies at cinema, when we shopped during Mega Carnival Sale, when we had that batch dinner at Syuenn, when you took your flight back to the UK.

See, we all pay taxes in some ways or another. So don't say that we have no rights to care :)

And I invests in PNB unit Trusts, so I would say that PNB spending on my education here is worth the money :D (I might be biased, but who cares...Haha).

Lambat la Faisal. It is not a lie, it is the truth :P

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over