Just Another Entry

If you notice, on the top part of this blog, I put a countdown that counts to my next birthday. And if you are really an observant kind of person who actually cares about my birthday, you will notice that the countdown is counting towards my 21st birthday. I just realize about it a few minutes ago and I think I am going to leave it that way because I will feel one year younger. Ha-ha.

Speaking of birthday, Prince William is turning 25 this year. I am not interested about his birthday, what I find interesting is about a piece of legislation regarding the British Royal Family enacted by the Parliament. According to the Royal Marriages Act (1772), a member of the Royal Family may, at the age of 25, signify to the Privy Council his or her intention to marry without the consent of the Sovereign. That is not interesting yet.

The most interesting bit about this is, the marriage can lawfully take place unless both the House of Commons and House of Lords disapprove.

This means, a member of the Royal Family might not be able to get married if the Parliament is against the marriage. Talk about people power.

“It takes a long time to grow young.” – Pablo Picasso.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over