Benelux Trip: Part 1

I’m back from my spring trip. Actually, calling it a spring trip would be an overstatement. The weather was not nice at all. I was hoping for a nice sunny weather, but was greeted by rain and snow. But, thank God for the sunny weather on the last day of the trip when I visited Keukenhof Botanical Garden. Now, let me tell you few highlights of the Benelux Trip.



First of all, for this trip, I flew for the first time on a propeller airplane (Fokker 50) on an airline that I have never flown before – VLM Airlines. Another thing about the trip is the fact that I flew from London City Airport for the first time. I have been waiting for so long to fly from London City Airport and last Monday, I got my chance.

Secondly, the unique thing about this trip is that my friends and I did not gather in London and flew together to Luxembourg. What happened was, all of us went at different times on different mode of transport and met at the Luxembourg Central Station. I flew from London City AirportLuxembourg around 6 in the evening. A friend of mine from Cambridge flew from Gatwick on Monday morning and arrived into Luxembourg around 9 in the morning. Another friend of mine from Newcastle went to a one-week trip to GermanyFrankfurt to Luxembourg. He arrived at Luxembourg around 4 in the afternoon. The fourth person in the trip took a train from London on Tuesday morning and we met him in the afternoon in Luxembourg. on Monday afternoon and arrived into took a train from

The third highlight of the trip is Brussels. There, we tried three things that without which would make our trip to Brussels incomplete. First of all, following the recommendation from my friend in Oxford, we bought some Belgian Chocolates at Pierre Marcolini. The price was a bit on the expensive side, for about €18 for 33 pieces of chocolates. But when I ate them on Sunday, I think those chocolates just worth every cent. And of course, you cannot leave Brussels without trying the Belgian Waffles, which we did. But then Belgian waffles in Brussels are not that much different than what you can get in Oxford Street, so, nothing new there. Although technically not in Brussels, in Bruges, we spend quite some time during lunch eating mussels. They had an offer of €13, we got a whole pot of mussels, plus dessert – one very tasty chocolate mousse.

I will continue with the next part of the highlights in some other time because I cannot finish up writing the highlights of the trip in one single sitting. So, just wait for the next part OK?

Comments

Anonymous said…
sedap tak??? sedap kan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over