Good Monday Morning.

I woke up 17 minutes later than usual. And I am not complaining. Just want to say that I woke up a little bit later than usual. Hey, it is Monday morning for God's sake. Do I have to say something? Well, yeah, really. Today, I want to comment on Utusan Malaysia Online headline. It's about this controversial case where a woman was stripped off her clothes and ordered to do ear squat. Now this so-called Royal Commission proposed the police to use scanner instead of asking the suspect to do naked ear squat. I'm not saying that I am totally against the idea of using scanner and not that I am amused to see naked people anyway. It is just that, we have been using this practice for God knows how long. And it has been the most effective way to detect drugs or weapons especially when the suspect actually hides it in their private parts. Well, there are cases like that. And just because one video leaked out to the public, they want to stop this practice. I mean, Malaysia is not the only country who uses this technique. There are many more country who use the same technique. Yeah, yeah, I know that this is a violation of human rights and a total humiliation to the person especially when they don't even have anything to hide in their private parts. But still...to quote an English saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

This is just my view, OK. This is what I feel. I've said that I am not totally against the idea of using scanner. So, we'll se whether the police will start to use scanner or not. And hopefully when they do, it will be as effective as the current system if not better. Ciao ciao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over