Violence is NOT the answer!

What I fear most has happened. This morning, Danish Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon was torched by demonstrators. This cannot be happening. As much as I am offended by the cartoon as Muslims, I condemn these people for breaking into the embassy and torch it with fire. This is seriously unacceptable. No matter what happened in any country, no one can break into any embassy and let alone burning it. And how come the Lebanon government just let this happened?

I want to repeat my stand from my last post. Yes I am offended by the cartoon but that does not give me the rights to go and burn any embassy. I have the freedom of speech to say that I don’t like the publication, but freedom of speech cannot be used as an excuse to break into a building and burn it down. It is not only against the civil law, it is also against Islamic teaching. What will happen next? They want to kidnap Danish ambassador and threaten to behead him? I just cannot believe that this is really happening.

The Lebanese have brought themselves to the lowest level of moral by acting this way. Every action has to be followed by effective solutions but what they have done will bring more problems than solutions. I mean, after this the rift between the Muslims and the West will widen. I am very disappointed by this, I really am. Ciao ciao.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over