18th Commonwealth Games.

I was watching the opening ceremony of 18th Commonwealth Games in Melbourne just in time to see the Malaysian athletes march into the stadium. Apart from being proud to see my fellow countrymen, watching the opening ceremony brings me back to the year 1998 when Malaysia hosted the 16th Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur. The 1998 games were meaningful to me not only because it was held in my country but also because I attended the opening ceremony and the full rehearsal of the opening ceremony the day before. Hence, I consider the 16th Commonwealth Games as special to me, personally.

I can still remember how vibrant the atmosphere was. You see a lot of people from different background sitting together just to cheer for their country. Just before the ceremony began, all of us formed a couple of human waves and GOSH, I love it!

OK, snap back into the present. I wish all participants in Melbourne the best of luck and may the best team wins! Oh yeah, to Malaysian athletes, MAKE US PROUD! Ciao.

Comments

imree said…
commonwealth games? as in.. NOW?? i should really read the news...

and i can imagine u doing the wave, oh boy, TRUST ME!
faisal said…
omg
it has already started?
have our national gymnast won any medals for the country?
our jumpers?

azeem basari, ng shu wai, yeoh ken nee.

:P
Adam Ahmad said…
To answer Imree and Faisal, yes the games have started to day 9a.m. UK time.

No Faisal, I don't know about our gymnasts although I am quite curious as to why do you have a sudden interest in gymnastics.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over