Goodbye Bali.

MH 714 from Ngurah Rai International Airport touched down at Kuala Lumpur International Airport at exactly 4.15 p.m. yesterday. Which means, my 4 days holiday in Bali, Indonesia is over and as you might already know, when holiday is over you have to start to work. As for me, I still have two essays and tonnes of revision to do which I will start as soon as I am done with this entry.

So, the most popular question people would ask after every excursion would be “How was the holiday?” Well, I would say Bali is a very nice place to visit because Balinese are very friendly and make you feel at home instantly. Another thing about Bali is the atmosphere there is very calm and peace. It seems like the Balinese is having a problem-free life. Ok, that is a little bit over the top but if you were there you would understand. And Bali is like a Vatican for Hindus because the presence of that religion is very strong. Hindu temples are everywhere, I mean if you were to throw a stone in Bali, the stone will likely to hit four temples. And for a small island like Bali (Bali is as big as Singapore), I would say that they have a massive number of temples.

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel in Kuta, which is located to the west of Denpasar (The capital of Bali). In case you don’t remember, Kuta is the place where the Jemaah Islamiyyah (JI) set up two bombs last year. While I was there, I visited the two sites of where the bomb exploded and killed almost 500 people (400 people were killed in the first bombing and 40 people were killed in the second bombing.) Unsurprisingly the bombings shattered the Balinese economy. Right after the bombings, people were out of work, number of tourists dwindling and some hotels and resorts were closed down. In a Balinese own words “Jahat sungguh orang ini. Kita tidak ada dan tidak mahu musuh. Membunuh orang yang tidak berdosa.” (These people are evil for killing innocent people and creating unwanted enemies for us). Although they seem to live a very carefree life, deep inside you can see that they are suffering from the aftermath of the bombings.

Overall, my stay in Bali was very enjoyable especially my visit to Tanah Lot Temple. The temple is very unique because it was built on an island which will only be accessible during low tide. If I have the money and time, I will definitely come to Bali again. Ciao.

P.S. Since Bali is a Hindu-dominated island, it will be difficult for Muslims to find Halal food there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over