Journey to the West.

So, what was so great about my journey from Kuala Lumpur to Gatwick that I want to share with you? Well, let me tell you that I will recommend Qatar Airways to you if you want to travel cheaply but getting an expensive treat. Qatar Airways proved to be very good in providing in-flight services which fits their five-star rank, but that’s it. When you combine that with their ground staff efficiencies, I would say that Qatar Airways did not deserve the five-star rank. Don’t get me wrong when I say they are not a five-star material because they are but only limited to inside the aircraft. What does that mean? That means the flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. And the food was great because I just love mealtime and the in-flight entertainment wasn’t bad at all. Bottom line is, I had a very enjoyable flight with Qatar Airways, and I am sure you will too.

But it was the ground experiences that tip the scale off to the bad side. First of all, my flight from Kuala Lumpur was delayed for almost an hour and they only told the passenger about it after everyone has boarded the plane. And yes we have to sit inside the plane for one hour doing nothing. Then, when I was in Doha, my flight was again delayed for 2 hours and no one said anything to the passengers, not until one passenger actually asked the airport staff about it. I mean, while it is a well-known fact that delays do happen, it should be the responsibility of the airline company to inform the passengers about the situation. It is impolite to call passengers to enter the boarding area only to keep them for another 2 hours when they could’ve wandering around the duty-free shops or having another one or two cups of coffee in the terminal area.

Overall, I wouldn’t mind flying with Qatar Airways again in the future (I will this June), but they just have to improve their service a bit. I mean, what’s the point of having an award winning in-flight services when the pre-flying experience wasn’t good at all. Another thing is, the Doha International Airport is going through a heavy renovation process, so until the renovation is done which will be at the end of the year, I wouldn’t recommend you to use the airport as your transit point.

While I was there, I bought a book by Jeffrey Archer and ate dinner complimentary from Qatar Airways. The book cost me 114 Riyal, which is 18 quid. I also met my senior from Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) whom I don’t remember his name, but then he doesn’t remember my name either. Haha. Ciao.

P.S. To that guy from KYUEM, thanks for keeping me company for 7 hours in Doha.

Comments

Hafizah said…
naik lah MAS....kesian MAS...haahah
Adam Ahmad said…
I will. in 2008. if the company is still around :P
aie144 said…
assalammualaikum.. salam pembuka bicara.

aku sihat. Kamu? Insya allah aku balik ke msia jun 29 ni. Kamu pun turut balik kan? Kita jalan2 nak? Takkan 24 jam dengan kekasih hati tersayang aje.. hehe..

wassalam.

(2:214)

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over