French touch (2)

I know I had promised to translate the French song in my next entry. But, I must say after reading the translation of the song from Nikman, I still cannot write the proper translation of the song. However, I do get the gist of the song. The song is about the persona’s mother who, to my understanding had passed away. Because he did say something like this,

“How can I ever forget the way you look at me or the way you used to hug me...And the voice of yours who used to sing to me with much love and tender.”

In the chorus of the song, the persona told us the he still remembers his mother because he said,

     “I had a dream that we were on a journey together in our own world of peace and tranquillity. And each time I looked into your eyes, I felt the warmth of your love.”

“I know that there were so many times when you cried for me and also, so many nights on prayed to the God for me…As if a gift from the God, the smile on your face never seemed to fade”

At the end of the song, he acknowledged his mother’s sacrifices throughout her life,

“Mom, you gave me everything that you can ever give although you know that I can never return all the things that gave to me. And only God can repay your love and kindness to me.”

I love this song. And I just hope that one day I will be able to sing this song in French. And Nikman has to teach me. Haha. Ciao.

Comments

Irzan said…
A friend of mine (http://dzan.blogspot.com) wrote an excellent poem about mothers.

It's in Malay, short but compact, effective.

Love the linguistic flow in it.

If not for copyrights issues I'd post it here. :)
Adam Ahmad said…
I checked the poem a minute ago. Cool. Thanks.

The Americans will celebrate Mother's Day this Sunday while the English celebrated it last month. Can anyone tell me why?
imree said…
really?? din know that, no wonder x dek mothers day card!!
faisal said…
aha
i have been wondering about that for quite a while now
because i made an entry on mother's day a month ago, and a friend of mine who is currently in Malaysia said that i am way too early to celebrate mother's day

seriously, i have no idea too
:P

adam, i am always amused on how could u find the time for blogging, considering ur exams are just around the corner.
hehe

anyway thanks for the pics
Adam Ahmad said…
Faisal, we all have 24 hours a day. And I don't need 24 hours to write an entry. I usually spend at around 10-15 minutes to write an entry. On some occassion, it can take up to half hour.

Btw, I usually blog during breakfast time (6-9a.m.). So, I can still spend the rest of the day studying for exam :)
Hafizah said…
come on faisal..u dun expect everyone to study 24/7 rite?
faisal said…
no
of course i don't expect everyone to study 24/7
haha
who in the world would be able to do that?
haihh..

=P

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over