Good Job Malaysia.

I would like to congratulate our PM, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi – not because of the recent Sarawak election – for showing a commendable effort in helping the Palestinians. Pak Lah yesterday announced in Egypt that Malaysian government would provide $16 million to the Palestinian government that is under a heavy financial crisis. He also expressed his hopes that other countries in the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) will follow Malaysia’s footsteps in helping the Palestinians. Malaysia is currently the chairman of both organizations.

Although I think $16 million is not that much, I hope it will ease the burden of the Palestinian government a little bit. I feel disgusted with world leaders who don’t seem to care to help the Palestinians even a bit. I feel even more disgusted with the Arab countries who don’t want to lift even a finger to help the Palestinians. Even if some world leaders despise the Hamas-led government, they shouldn’t punish its people. I mean, it is unfair for anyone to punish them (the Palestinians) simply because they made a choice in a fair election – which was requested by the world leaders themselves in the first place.

I just really hope that the US and the EU will continue its funding to the Palestinian government in the near future. And hopefully, more countries particularly the Arab countries will come forward to help the Palestinians. Ciao.

P.S. Since my exam will begin tomorrow, I will not be updating my blog until 1st of June. Wish me all the best of luck and I’ll see you again in June.

Comments

imree said…
funny thing is that when u said 1st june, i realised ive written 30th june. wakakkakakak, no wonder LAMA!

gd luck!
Adam Ahmad said…
So, is it not 30th then? Thanks. Same to you.
Anonymous said…
Finally the head of OIC (it seems) is taking some action.

Agree with you 16 mill is not that much. But something is better than nothing, no doubt.

Those ppl are starving for real...
Irzan said…
btw good luck for ur exam dude.

:D
Hafizah said…
haih cpt la korang habis exam....i need sthing to read during my study breaks! heh
hontoni... seriously, seriously... well donela... aper2la... merepek ajer... tgh blank2 nie... byk exam.. baca x masuk... i'm not panic rite... u try ur best... i'll try my best...

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over