Patriotism.

Someone asked me whether I love my country quite a while ago. I told him I love my country very much. Then he pointed out that I always wrote bad comments about Malaysia in my blog. Well, to be honest, criticising your country does not in any way mean you don’t love your country. I told him that even after pointing out all the mistakes made by the government and all the imperfections in the country, if I were given a choice of citizenship of any country in the world, I would still choose to be a Malaysian. And that differs me from some people who continued to criticise Malaysia but in the end would rather be British or Singaporean or American rather than be Malaysian.

So, before you go around and give labels to me, think about what I’ve just said those other people who would rather not be Malaysians. Ciao.

P.S. If anyone is offended by this entry, I offer my apology in advance.

Comments

faisal said…
couldn't agree more
"mengkritik tidak bermakna membenci, diam tidak bermakna bersetuju"

aight?

=)

whoever that people was, he or she should change the mentality.

we speak out because we care.
Anonymous said…
Mark Twain once said "Patriotism is loving your country unconditionally, but loving your government when they deserve it."
I believe your criticm is constructive and you should continue with it.

Dont listen to them. You're the true patriot.
Irzan said…
I used to think that we have choices to make.

And choice means power.

We have the power to choose where we would stay. Where we would get treated better than those from our mainland.

But then, there's so many issues. Like loyalty. And responsibility.

When we have problems we don't run away from them. We fix them.

So I guess it's only rational to choose Malaysia as a working place later on.

;)
Adam Ahmad said…
It is perfectly fine for anyone to leave their country to find some extra income. And you can continue to live there for as long as you want. But there are people who in the end opted to change their citizenship. And that is wrong.

It is true Irzan, that when we have problems, we fix them.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over