Wireless

Earlier this week, New York City announced to make Central Park a big WiFi zone. And yesterday, BT announced to do the same with the UK major cities. That is unbelievably so cool! I must have sound like an 8-year-old kid who was told that I’m going to get a PS3 very soon. Haha.

I mean, can you imagine having sandwich in Hyde Park and reading some blogs at the same time? That is awesome. Of course, you can do that already with 3G technology but 3G is still very much an expensive technology to many and Hotspots will make it a little bit more affordable to the masses.

I’m still waiting for the day I can surf at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa or Taman Tasik Perdana without having to buy those expensive Maxis 3G cards. Sigh. But hey, knowing the Malaysians, I am pretty sure that the whole KL will be a Hotspots zone in 2-3 years time. This means, I will be able to enjoy my sandwich at KLCC Park during lunchtime while posting an entry onto my blog. However, such thing may never happen because KL is just too hot at noon. Haha. I’d rather have lunch at Suria KLCC or PNB Darby Park than out in the sun. Oh my God, I could be having lunch with my sister-in-law who happens to work nearby at the Exxon Mobil Tower. Oh well, lets just step back into reality and not thinking about the future too much. Ciao.

Comments

imree said…
do correct me if im wrong but r u going to hv 4 hour return journey to london evryweek from kent just becoz of the wifi thingy?
Adam Ahmad said…
Two corrections here. First, it is only a 2 and a half hours return journey. At some day, it can go up to 3 hours but never 4 hours. And Kent is not a name of a city or village. Kent is a county.

Second, I never said that I want to go to London every week just because I want to surf internet. Saying it would be nice to surf the internet in Hyde Park while eating sandwich does not in any way imply that I want to go to Hyde Park every week to surf the internet.

Is that clear? :P

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over