Paris oh Paris

I just came back from a 5-day trip to Paris. And I only have one word for the trip – HOT. It seems that summer have already started in Paris. Can you imagine when the plane touch down at Charles de Gaulle, the pilot announced that the temperature was 30 degree Celsius. And all the time when we were there, the temperature actually reached 35 degree Celsius. I mean, it was raining all the time in London while Paris was scorching hot. I had to drink like 5 litres of water every day just to beat the heat.

So, how was Paris? I must say that Paris is just like a typical city where you will find its tourist attractions very well maintained and beautiful but if you go to other parts of the city, things are a little bit dodgy. And vandalism is everywhere in the city especially in the Metro. But one thing that is very disturbing about Paris is the high number of beggars. At first, I thought, as a developed country and being a welfare state, they should have tackle this problem effectively but unfortunately, this was not the case for France. You can walk in any parts of Paris and you can find beggars everywhere even in places like Champs Elysees.

Walking through Paris reminded me of Malaysia and not because of the hot weather but because of the striking similarities that the city have with Malaysia. Firstly is the cafés along Champs Elysees, which Tun Dr. Mahathir picked up the idea from and brought it back to Malaysia. Now we can see a lot of cafés like in Bintang Walk area. Malaysia also has its own Champs Elysees, which is called Putrajaya Boulevard in Putrajaya, which stretched from the Prime Minister Office to Putrajaya Convention Centre. And we also have Seri Gemilang Bridge in Putrajaya, which took the cue from a bridge connecting the Petit Palace and the National Assembly in Paris. I don’t quite remember what the name of the bridge is. But then, I guess it is a well-known fact that Tun loves France, which explains some of the similarities.

Did I enjoy myself in Paris? Apart from the weather and the dodgy factor, I’d say I enjoyed Paris. And if you come to France, be sure to eat its bread. Ciao.
P.S. I just got elected as the General Secretary for Finance Society.

Comments

Irzan said…
5 litres of water? is it humanely possible?
Adam Ahmad said…
it is possible. you can try it yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over