Majulah sukan untuk negara.

As soon as Pak Lah arrived from Perth, his beloved deputy, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak flew to London on a 5-day official visit. Somehow, it seems that the leaders of this country just love to go overseas – be it official or not.

What is interesting about Najib’s trip to London is it coincides with the government’s controversial plan of building a sports complex for Malaysian athletes in London. This high-technology sports complex will cost RM490 million of taxpayers’ money. And this high-technology sports complex is supposed to GUARANTEE Malaysian athletes of securing ONLY GOLD medals in any sporting events. This high-technology sports complex will also GUARANTEE us a spot in the next World Cup 2010 in South Africa. This high-technology sports complex will also GUARANTEE us of the fame of breaking world records in any sporting events. Maybe, after this high-technology sports complex is built, Malaysia will have its athletes winning one or two prizes in Laureus World Sports Awards.

I tell you, I have no problem of having a high-technology sports complex abroad even if it costs us a billion ringgit if in the end it guarantees us those things I mentioned above. But will it? I honestly don’t think so. And with the government, being so secretive about this plan made it looks even worst. Talk about transparency, the Malaysian government still has a long way to go.

In the mean time, let them use the taxpayers’ money to build an extravagant sports complex in London. Maybe I can go there once in a while for a swim or just to feel what it is like to be in a ‘home away from home’ high-technology sports complex.

“My doctor recently told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.” – Milton Berle.

(Quote taken from 10ktruth.com)

P.S. This is not an entry on Malaysian politics.

Comments

E M K A S said…
This is waaaay off-topic: I've tagged you in my blog. :)
yazid jay said…
Ha ha, I think we know first-hand how expensive London can be. What is it again, one of the most expensive piece of land in the world? If we can build a good complex in London, we can probably build a better one here, simply because we can allocate more budget on facilities instead of paying for the land.

Just a two-cent worth of thought.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over