For Your Information

There are just too many pretentious Muslims in Malaysia right now. I received an email saying that the latest advertisement by DIGI advocates Christianity. It seems that the song played in the advertisement was one of the songs sung by Christian choir. Since I am in the UK, and have no access to Malaysian television, I looked up the advertisement in YouTube and I found the advertisement and watched it.

Honestly, I found the advertisement quite creepy because it shows a yellow thing following you wherever you go. The message is to show that DIGI network coverage are expanding and will follow its customers wherever they go. It is amusing but in a creepy kind of way. And the background music was indeed a remake of a song called I Will Follow Him. Then I tried to find the connection between the song and Christianity, and all I could find is a clip from film Sister Act which shows the scene where Whoopi Goldberg and her colleagues singing I Will Follow Him to the Pope.

OK, first of all, the song I Will Follow Him was a song sung by Little Peggy March which hit number one on Billboard Hot 100 in 1963. The song of course was adopted in Sister Act and subsequently used as one of the songs in church choir.

Secondly, the song is just a song and anyone can use the song in anyway one likes to use it. Be it for a movie, an advertisement or a church session, the song will only bring meaning to the purpose of it being used.

Therefore, always think before start making judgements and conclusions. I now have two videos to show you. The first video is the DIGI advertisement and the second video is I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.





“The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.” – Bertrand Russell.

Comments

yazid jay said…
Ha ha, I really like the quote. It's relevant to lots of situations that I've noticed.

BTW, ditto, the freaky yellow people following you around is indeed creepy. If I were a child watching this I'd have nightmares.
Adam Ahmad said…
creepy but also cute. haha. looks like yellow doraemon, doralin.

gosh, I miss doraemon. sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over