Malaysia Ter-Chinta

It is amazing to see how sometimes we tend to forget how great our country really is. I was talking with a couple of my friends last week in Business Law lecture when one the topic of corruption popped out. A friend of mine asked me about the problem of corruption in Malaysia and I said, “I think my country is very corrupted.” To my surprise, he actually disagreed with me. He told me that the situation cannot be worse than Nigeria. Well, to be fair, it does not make any sense to compare Malaysia and Nigeria because that will be like comparing the UK and Fiji. The point is if we were to compare Malaysia and Singapore, we can clearly see how corrupted Malaysia is. But then again, that is also unfair to Malaysia because Malaysia does not have a political dynasty like Singapore (Malaysia is about to have one, if you know what I mean). To put it in my Singaporean friend’s words, the you-know-who family technically owned the country.

I am just rambling here, back to my first sentence, all I am trying to say is, I tend to think Malaysia as a very corrupted country with a very poor public delivery system but I never actually think about how it is not as bad as I think it is. I mean, of course there is corruption in Malaysia, but if you think about it, how many cops on the street will accept bribe in exchange of not giving you a speeding ticket? The answer is very few if not none. The only problem if corruption in Malaysia is it is happening at the highest level. I better stop here and leave the last sentence to your own thinking and judgement.

I’ll leave you with this song, Tercipta Untukku by Ungu. This video clip has a very striking similarity with Addicted by Enrique Iglesias. Just watch it and you know what I mean. And to the person who dedicated this song to me, thank you very much.



“Everything I do, I feel is genius. Whether it is or it isn’t.” – Rufus Wainwright

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over