Happy Mother's Day

I know that I said that I want to stop blogging for a while until my exam is over but I can make a few exceptions for a special day like today. 38 years ago on this day, if not because of the infamous racial riot, my mum and dad would have gotten married then. But, they ended up getting married exactly a month after that. And exactly 2 years and 4 days later, my mum became a mother when my brother was born. And in July 1998, my mum became a mother-in-law when my brother married my sister-in-law. Unfortunately, she did not get the chance to see the birth of her first grandson, her daughter’s wedding, and her first granddaughter when she passed away in May 1999. Therefore, on today’s Mother’s Day, I want to pay tribute to her for being the best mom in the world. I miss her terribly at times but I know there is nothing else I can do except keep on praying for her. If only she was standing next to me right now, I would hug her and say, “Happy Mother’s Day” but since she is not, I’m just going to say, “Al-Fatihah.”

I would also like to wish Happy Mother’s Day to other important people in my life. They are my sister, Hazleen Ahmad who became a mother in November 2003, and my sister-in-law, Siti Salbiah Junai who became a mother in October 2000.

And of course, Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers out there! I’ll leave you with this beautiful song about mother.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Adam, I tried to look for an email add to write to you but could not find one, so I resorted to posting a comment. I used to go to school with your sister, Hazleen and have been trying to locate her for what seems likes ages now. I used to live near your house in Taman Gombak (I don't know if your guys still live there) and went to school with Hazleen. I used to hang out at your house after school almost every day, eating rice, fried egg and kicap. I havent seen her since we left school, can you help me find Hazleen,my email add is janiceanne@shooklin.com.my. Thanks so much, and good luck with the finals, mate.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over