Black Thursday.

It is a sad day to me today. A Boeing 777 just had a crash landing this afternoon at Heathrow. I am happy that all the 136 passengers from Beijing managed to escape unscathed but I am very sad that one of the most beautiful airplane ever built by human (in my opinion) had its first accident since its first flight in 1995. That’s a 12-year record without any incidents whatsoever. Have any other airplane models ever make that record? I doubt it.

What went wrong? I don’t know since I am not an aeronautical engineer. But according to BBC, the airplane lost all of its power (electronics and engines) at the last minute during the final approach. Whatever the reason is, I am pretty sure the Department of Transport, Civil Aviation Authority, British Airways, Boeing and Rolls-Royce are doing all their best to investigate the cause of the accident. And I am hoping the British Airport Authority will do their best to manage this little chaos that is going on at Heathrow at the moment.

Again, my thoughts are with the people who were in the flight 38 and well done to the British Airways crew onboard for their quick actions evacuating all aboard.

Facts on the B777.

Aircraft Registration Number: G-YMMM
Model Number: 777-236ER (Boeing 777-200ER)
First Flight: 18 May 2005
Manufacturing Serial Number: 30314
Delivery Date: 31 May 2005
Engine: Rolls-Royce Trent 895-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over