Happy 200th Posts!!!

In just 2 hours and 30 minutes, the 22nd edition of Anugerah Juara Lagu closed its curtain with some surprises (at least to me). Before I go down with the results, let me comment few things on the Anugerah Juara Lagu.

First of all, I like this year’s event because even with four presenters, all of them did not talk about random things like there is no tomorrow. They also did not try to outshine each other by stop talking when they need to. And the most important thing is, they did not come out with lame jokes – maybe with one or two here and there, but overall, they did their job very well.

Secondly, I really like this year’s theme, which is Music is Magic. And the stage that was built for the event really captured the theme very well. Unlike previous years, they had a very simple circle stage, which put emphasise more on the performance by the artists rather distracting audiences with elaborate stage decorations. And of course, the intermission performance was nicely choreographed. I like how the tried to use songs to tell the story of two people in love.

Next, all contestants really gave their best performances. For the first time ever, I actually love all performances – there was no such thing as a boring performance in this year’s Anugerah Juara Lagu. Congratulations to all!

And now lets go to the results. For Best Vocal Awards, at first, I thought Nora was going to win the awards, but when I saw Jaclyn and Lah’s performance, I knew that they would win the awards – turned out, I was right. At the beginning, when I saw the concept of Siti Nurhaliza’s performance, I was almost sure that she was going to win the Best Performance Awards, until I saw Mawi’s changing clothes act. And surely enough, Mawi won the awards.

After 6 times battling her way through Anugerah Juara Lagu, finally, on her seventh try, Nora went home with something in her hand. Maybe there is such thing as, seventh times a charm. She won the Song of the Year Awards for Ethnic Creative with the composer, Johan Nawawi, and the lyricist, Ahmad Fedtri Yahya.

The next awards is, Song of the Year Awards for Ballad. I was almost sure that Kasih Tercipta was going to win but in the end it was Izinku Pergi’s night. Sahri sang the song very well I think they deserve it. Izinku Pergi was composed by Azlan Abu Hassan while the lyrics were written by Sulu Sarawak.

In the Pop/Rock Category, I never thought that Itu Kamu would win. In my last post, I predicted Farhana but in the end, Estranged managed to clinch that awards. This song was composed by Estranged themselves while the lyrics were written by the vocalist of the group, Rich. And of course, Itu Kamu was also crowned as the winner of the Song of the Year Awards. Congratulations to Estranged, and congratulations to other winners as well. Since the video of Anugerah Juara Lagu has not been uploaded on youtube yet, I’ll post the video clip instead.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the winner of the 22nd Anugerah Juara Lagu – Itu Kamu by Estranged.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over