Mari-lah Mari, Pergi Mengundi.

And so it begins, the 12th General Election for Malaysia.

Here are some statistics for my area, Parliament Gombak (P-98) and State Gombak Setia (N-17).

For the year 2008, the candidates for Parliament Gombak are Said Anuar Said Ahmad from BN and Mohamed Azmin Ali from PKR. I have to say that I know nothing about Said Anuar but I do hear a lot of things about Azmin Ali. In 2004, Parliament Gombak was won by Dr. Raman Ismail, representing BN with a majority of 13207 votes. Parliament Gombak is a predominantly Malay area and it is expected a lot of Islamic and Malay-related issue to be played here, just like previous general elections.

Let’s go to State Gombak Setia, for this General Election, from BN camp is the incumbent, Yuszahari Mohd. Yusoff and he will be facing Dr. Hasan Mohd. Ali from PAS. To be honest, I know nothing about Yuszahari as well. But I do know Dr. Hasan, in fact, I used to go to some of his motivational camps when I was in primary school. In the 2004 election, Yuszahari won by a majority of 2728 votes. Let’s see whether he can do the same thing this time round.

My take is, considering Yuszahari is an incumbent, and assuming the reason he got nominated again was because he had been a good Wakil Rakyat, I guess he would be able to win again this time. For Parliament, I have no idea because the Parliament Gombak seat had been alternately won by BN and PAS, so, I cannot really say who will win it this time. Although, I have a feeling that BN will win again this time, considering there is not really a strong issue in my area – that I know about.

Anyway, come 8th of March, about 10.9 million Malaysians will cast their choices and make their voices heard (really? Ha-ha). I also read the news about ten seats won uncontested (9 seats to BN and 1 to PAS). All I can say about this is, for candidates who did not fill up their nomination form properly and got their name rejected should be punished for denying the people’s democratic rights to vote. Seriously, because of them, the people in those particular areas now cannot exercise their rights. And for the parties that did not nominate someone to contest also should be punished for the same reason. They are obstructing democratic process and last time I check, obstructing democratic process is a crime in Malaysia.

Anyway, vote wisely and may the best candidate wins!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tak sangka Said Anuar ni bertanding seat Parlimen. Dia ni banyak tolong orang. One yr ago dia pernah tolong kitorang dulu masa kitorang ada problem dgn Majlis Perbandaran. Bukan kita yg mintak tolong dulu, dia yg tanya khabar dulu. So kita ni apa lagi... terima aje lah pertolongan dia. Dia ni low profile tapi memang reti buat kerja.

He's a new kid on the block indeed. All we knew was he is a local Gombak guy. He gets to the ground meeting the locals to help them long before he was elected.
Adam Ahmad said…
Thank you for your comment. I hope your comment is a sincere one based on real life experience and not a form of a campaign.

I wish him the best though :)

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over