My First Job Interview.

I have not mention this in this blog yet, but before the end of last term, I applied for Management Associate Programme at Malaysia Airlines. And about two weeks ago, I received a call from the Human Resource department inviting me for an interview session on the 2nd February 2008. And for the past two weeks, I have been preparing myself for that interview. So, now let me tell you about the interview yesterday.

The email from MAS did not say specifically how long was the interview session, so I went without a proper knowledge of how the interview was going to be handled. The interview session started at 9, and I arrived around 8.30 in the morning. I went into the building and was greeted by the receptionist. I then registered as a visitor and took the elevator to basement, where the interview was held.

When I came down, there were already 4 candidates eating Nasi Lemak (Malaysia Hall) with 4 other MAS’ staff. I introduced myself and join them for breakfast. It was good! My first Nasi Lemak since September. At 9 o’clock, all of us moved to the seminar room where the interview session (at this point it became apparent that it was going to be a one-day assessment centre rather than one-off interview) was officially started. One of the staff gave a brief overview of the day’s itinerary and explained what is going to happen in every part of the assessment day.

The assessment day was divided into three different sessions – business case study session, evaluation test session and interview session. I do not want to go into the details of every single session but I would say I found the evaluation test was the hardest for me since I have not done any of those things since 2003 when I applied for PNB scholarships.

And when the day finally ended around 6 in the evening, I was already exhausted. So, all of us (there were 6 candidates in total) took a group picture and exchange phone numbers. So, how did I do? Well, I think I did OK. I mean, I can safely say that when I left the MAS office at 6, I left without feeling frustrated because I did something stupid and what not. And the most important thing is, I actually enjoyed my time there and I really had a great time not just with all the interviewers but also with newfound friends as well. Since this is my first job interview, I really treasure the experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over