C'est la vie...

I don’t know whether I am surprised or not following the 12th General Election results yesterday. I expected that the ruling coalition would lose a lot more than they did in the last election. But to lose three states altogether is something that I never thought would happen. I also did not expect that Barisan Nasional would lose its two-third majority in the parliament (at the time of writing Barisan have won only 134 seats).

Whatever the results are, I think it is quite clear as to what the Rakyat wants from their leaders. And I think any decent leader would simply resign after such humiliating defeat.

To the Barisan Nasional, now would be a good time to ponder upon the messages that the Rakyat was trying to deliver when they voted on Sunday morning. To the opposition, now would be a good time for them to prove to Rakyat that they can be a better government than Barisan Nasional was.

Actually, I am beginning to see a better future, in terms of the voters are no longer afraid at the thought of changing governments. In a way, this mimics the developed countries where they can change government in almost every general election.

But the most important thing is, after all these are over, everyone should just unite under the umbrella of Malaysians. Although, I do not think that is possible because (some) Malaysians are very fanatical when it comes to politics.

Anyway, tomorrow will be just like another day and congratulations to Malaysians for exercising your rights. Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over