An Imperial College Graduate.

“And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives,
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25,
I keep thinking times will never change,
Keep on thinking things will always be the same.”

It feels as if it was yesterday, I arrived in Wye beginning another chapter of my life. And after three years, this day has finally come. Today, I will be leaving Wye for good. I’ll leave Wye to start another new chapter of my life. It is not like I had never expected that this day would finally come but I just cannot believe how fast time passes by.

“But when we leave this year we won't be coming back,
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track,
And if you got something that you need to say,
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day.”

I have to admit that, when I first came to Wye, I hated this place. I was alone, I had no friends and everything seems so different and I felt like I was thrown onto another planet – if not another universe. But then, I began to meet some people who eventually became my very good friends. I guess, it is part and parcel of studying. You go somewhere to study and when the time comes, you have to pack up and leave. Sometimes, I do feel a bit unlucky when compared to my Malaysian friends in other universities. When they graduate, they would still be able to see at least their other Malaysian friends in Malaysia. As for me – being the only Malaysian here – when I leave Wye today, there is a slim chance that I will see my friends again. I would only see them if they come to Malaysia or I come to the UK.

“As we go on, we remember,
All the times we had together,
And as our lives change, come whatever,
We will still be, friends forever.”

I wish all my friends all the best in their future. I have met many friends in Wye, some of them became my closest friends. Sometimes, I cannot believe that I only have this short period to know them, but I guess, that’s life. It has been a great pleasure to know people like Benedict, Freddy, Fatih and Cheeno and I wish I don’t have to say goodbye. But the time has come, I have to say goodbye to them. This goodbye may not be forever but it will seem like it is.

“Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there? Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end,
And suddenly it's like we're women and men,
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town,
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye,
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly.”

P.S. Goodbye Wye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over