Was It Our Fault?

Was it our fault?

Have you ever been kicked in the nut after being punched in your stomach? I think most Malaysians would say yes to that question. Only after not less than two months of announcing the biggest fuel prices hike in history, few days ago the government also agreed to increase fares for express bus services. The government stopped short of saying by how much the fare will be increased.

Like I said in my last entry, the people who are badly affected by this difficult time are the low income people who probably have been using the same Kancil 660cc for the past 10 years. They might have 4-5 kids who are still in school. Taking up advice by their beloved Deputy Prime Minister to change their lifestyle, they seek to lower their travelling expenses by taking express bus services to go to their hometown. But now, even than last ray of hope looks bleak.

I also read in The Star yesterday how students are struggling especially in buying books. I’m talking about the college and university level. My significant other asked me to buy some of her books from the UK (mind you that Pound Sterling is six times more expensive than Ringgit) because even with the inclusion of shipping costs, she saved more than RM200. That might not seem a lot, but if you have to spend RM1000 for books, to save RM200 is good enough. Which begs another question, why on earth that books in Malaysia are so damn expensive?

I blame the government.

Comments

Hafizah said…
engineering books are a lot cheaper here! i normally buy my textbooks here and bawak balik. most of my weight allowance goes to the textbooks.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over