Majlis Ekonomi?

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi announced two days ago that a ‘Majlis Ekonomi’ will be set up to tackle economic problems in this country. This council will help the government to come up with solutions to lower inflation and slow economic growth.

While I welcome this move – albeit too late – I also have to ask one question. During the economic crisis of 1998, the government at that time set up Majlis Tindakan Ekonomi Negara (MTEN), which eventually helped the country to get out of the recession. For many years after that, MTEN was also involved in helping the government to write their annual budget. My question is, why do we need another Majlis Ekonomi? What the hell happen to MTEN? Is MTEN not qualified enough? Or is MTEN no longer exist?

As usual, my question will be left unanswered but that is not my main concern. My only concern is for whether this so-called Majlis Ekonomi can come up with anything solid to ease the burden of my fellow Malaysians during this difficult time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over