A Working Adult.

Last Friday would be two weeks since I started working and I have to say that working life is not that bad at all. I mean, it is a hassle having to wake up early in the morning to go to work, but I have been doing that since I was 11 years old anyway. So, that was not really a problem to me.

Since I just started working, I am still a Management Trainee and right now I am working in the International Fund Management Department (IFMD). PNB invests money in both Malaysia and abroad, so the main job of IFMD is to invest PNB’s money in overseas capital market. May I add here that the money that PNB uses for international investments are PNB’s money, which means, IFMD does not use the money from the unit trusts managed by ASNB.

So what have I been doing for the past two weeks? I am currently working on a standardised economic fact sheet so that our portfolio managers would have all economic data readily available at the tip of their fingers. And yes, preparing fact sheets is tedious and really takes a LOT of your time. Besides, not all information are available for every country, so basically I spent most of my time searching for the correct data before putting it into the fact sheets.

How are my colleagues? They are very friendly and helpful whenever I need to ask help or anything. Some of them took their time explaining things that I find difficult to comprehend while some even sat down with me to demonstrate few things so that I would do things correctly.

To be honest, I am having a great time at the office and I am looking forward to learn more new things in the near future. I will be working in IFMD until Aidil Fitri before I will start my Management Trainee Programme for a month. And of course, the best part is when you start to get your monthly salary in you bank account at the end of the month. Haha.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi adam, have u started your management trainee programme at PNB?
Adam Ahmad said…
Hi Kamil,

I started the programme two weeks ago.
Anonymous said…
haritu saya dapat masuk finalist PNB utk post management trainee, tp xdapat.. sedey la.. ralat2..
Adam Ahmad said…
Hi Borhan,

Not entering the PNB Management Trainee Programme might just be the best thing that could have ever happened to you :)

I mean, you could gain acceptance in other companies, which could potentially offer better salary.

Don't be disappointed because God knows what's best for you :)

Regards.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over