2011 That is Almost Over

In just one more day, 2011 will draw its final curtain. And looking back over the last twelve months made me realized how far have I come this year. 2011 has always been a very personal year to me, especially since I have started to plan for my engagement ceremony since July 2010 (Yes, that's how long I've been planning my wedding). I guess the highlight of the year began with significant change in my work. It was in March 2011 where I was finally given the opportunity to cover the Airline sector after lobbying for it since I joined the department in February 2009. I'm not saying the Consumer sector was not fun, but the Airline sector has always been a dear to me since I joined the company.

But I guess, the Airline sector proved to be a lot tougher to cover than I expected. I had anticipated cyclical earnings and high risk from jet fuel price volatility but, MAS gave a whole different challenge to my skills as an analyst. The next highlight for the year was my engagement ceremony in May 2011. It was a low-key affair by many standards but my engagement was one of the many high points in my life. It was when I came to a sudden realization that in 9 months' time, I will be marrying the love of my life.

The high point continued in July where I found out that I had passed my CFA Level I examination. And shortly after that, I acquired my first car. Though not as fancy as expected, I think buying the car was one of the best decision that I have made. It was a practical choice and so far, it has been reliable to me. So I won't say much more on that.

I guess, I'll be leaving 2011 with no regrets. I have done great things and met with great people. I've discovered new friends and new acquaintances. So, goodbye 2011 and I'll be ready to meet 2012.

My New Year resolution? To be more content and grateful with what I have and not regret on things that I don't have.

Have a great New Year Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government