Pop Ye Ye and Taat


In my Friendster Blog, I commented on Anugerah Juara Lagu. I talked about Semalakama and Elergi Sepi. Now, I will continue with the other songs. The next in line is Pop Ye Ye. This song will be the first song for Pop Rock category. Pop Ye Ye is composed by Cham, Lah, Zam and Damien while the lyrics are written by Zaf and Cham. Pop Ye Ye is actually the name of the most popular era in the 60's. That's what we call Pop Ye Ye era, where things like Agogo, BBpark are very phenomenal at that time. Anyway, back to the song, personally I think, this is a great song. Nice to listen to and have lots of fan. But, what Pop Ye Ye is lacking of is originality. I mean, this is an original song, yes and I emphasis a good song too. But, if we want to compare with other songs in the same category, this song is a little bit cliche. Just like Semalakama. I'm not saying this song cannot win, but, just saying that the chances of winning is not that great. However, knowing V.E., I think they still can win the Best Performance Award. This song can be presented with lots of gimmic and I pretty sure they will have a good chance of winning after Noraniza Idris, that is.
Next, after Pop Ye Ye would be Taat, I think Rohana Jalil is trying to make a comeback, but it is a good one. I listen to this song once and I LOVE it! Well, although it sounded too much of an arab song, I simply love it. This song is composed by Rosli Selasih and lyrics by Tok Wan. Chances of winning? Hmm...this song is definitely different from other songs but, during the semi-finals, one of the jury commented on the lack of Malaysian Identity in some songs in Irama Malaysia/Etnik Kreatif. I wonder whether Taat is one of them. Music wise, it is unique. But again depends on whether the jury appproves it or not. I don't want to say that this song is a bit cliche because we had not had any arabic-type songs in Juara Lagu since Wassini. So, I think, compared with Semalakama, Taat has a better chance of winning.
To V.E., Rosli Selasih, Tok Wan and Rohana Jalil, good luck!
Song: Pop Ye Ye
Composer: Cham(Charma Adizalilullah), Lah(Abdullah Ahmad), Zaf(Zafri Nazaruddin) & Damien(Damien Seet).
Lyricist: Zaf(Zafri Nazaruddin) & Cham(Charma Adizalilullah)
Singer: V.E.
Song: Taat
Composer: Rosli Selasih(Rosli Md Kasa)
Lyricist: Tok Wan(Mohd Amin Ibrahim)
Singer: Rohana Jalil
Anugerah Juara Lagu 20. 5th February 2006. Dewan Merdeka PWTC. 2000-2300. Live on TV3. Brought to you by L'Oreal Paris. Ciao ciao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over