TFKL: Transport for KL.

In my last post, I mentioned that Kuala Lumpur’s public transport system is improving. Today, I will tell you a bit more on the new system. First of all, for those of you, who used to live in KL, will notice that the bus number has changed. In my area, no more buses with number 14, 41 and 348 which will take me straight to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Secondly, you will notice that all new buses now not only come with numbers, but also colours. Yes, you heard me right, all buses are now colour coded according to their routes.

These colours are red, blue and green. Now let explain what those colours mean. Green is local line buses, which means they only operate in residential area such as my place. This bus will go around your neighbourhood and will not take you to the city because they just don’t. You can hop in the green buses from the bus stop in front of your house and it will take you as far as to the main bus stop.

At the main bus stop, you will have to take the blue buses. Blue is for trunk line buses and they will not take you into the city but to as far as the city limits where you will find another main station. From there, you will have to catch another bus to get into the city. And here comes the red bus which is for city shuttle. The red bus will take you anywhere you want to go within the KL city. Now you must be wondering about the frequencies right? Well, for the local line buses (Green), the frequency is every 15 minutes. The trunk line buses (Blue), the frequency is every 10 minutes and for the city line buses (Red), the frequency is every 5 minutes.

In case you are still confuse let me explain the route to KLCC from my house. Firstly I have to take a bus number 226 (Green) in front of my house to Greenwood where the main bus station is. There, I have to take a bus number 2T2 or 2T1 which will take me to another main station in Titiwangsa and from there I will hop on a bus with number 109 which will take me to KLCC.

The next part is the fare. The fares come in a form of a day bus pass. The price of the bus pass is from RM1 to RM4 depends on your necessities. If you want to travel within the local line (Green), the bus pass is RM1. If you want to travel within the trunk line (Blue) or the city shuttle (Red), the bus passes in RM2. And if you are thinking of travelling within all three lines, the bus pass is RM4. If you are thinking of travelling using the bus and the LRT (Putra & Star), the daily pass will cost you RM7. If you ask me, I would say that the fares are very cheap. Now that the government has got the pricing right, lets hope the service will be efficient and reliable.

The KL public transport system is provided by RapidKL. For more information, please visit
rapidkl.com.my. Ciao.
P.S. I'm going to Damansara Uptown tonight! Oh yeah, under the new 9th Malaysia's Plan, the government is going to build two new universites (As if we don't have enough university already). This entry is not an April Fools' entry.

Comments

Sharazad said…
Thanks for all the comments.
Are you in M'sia?
Have an enjoyable holiday.
At least enjoy the sun as much as you can =P
Adam Ahmad said…
i am enjoying the sun as much as possible :D

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over