European Army??

I just read a piece of news on BBC about the idea of having a European army. Should I be scared? Is it not enough with the world having to deal with the US army invading Iraq and Afghanistan? And I haven’t included the UK army in the equation yet.

Why on earth the European community would need an army? Can’t just the individual countries just find ways to coordinate their armies together? Ok, the basis for having a European army is for defence and peacekeeping role. But, what guarantee can the European Union give that that will be it? That the new army will not be used for another pre-emptive strike against any region or country?

I am happy to support – not that it matters anyway – for the establishment of such organisation if the purpose of the army is just for defence and peacekeeping. And to be honest, I don’t think the UK will support any move towards having a European army, especially not after the Iraq fiasco.

On another matter, albeit slightly too late, I condemned the Malaysian government for not sticking to their words. I condemned them for announcing that the fuel prices will be increased in August but then suddenly increased them two months earlier. For once, can’t the government say one thing and just do it? Not say one thing and do another.

As you can see from the above counter, I am going back to Malaysia on the 30th of June 2008. Till then, I will be spending my time in Wye, savouring every bit of it while I still can.

P.S. Some people are just born to be jerk aren’t they? I guess they are. I mean, he is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
pinjam last statement for my msn status.

Popular posts from this blog

More on Angkara Cinta

Rise and Fall of a Government

2011 That is Almost Over